Every child with SEND has a Learning Plan, which details what the Academy, the class teachers and the SENCO plan to do to help the child learn andprogress. It will be written in collaboration with the parent and the child, wherever possible. Our staff work in partnership with parents and the SENCO to find ways to support each child with their needs, including giving parents ideas on how to help their child at home.
Included in a Learning Plan:
– Short term targets for the child, which are linked to their needs.
– Details of any extra support the child will get.
– Who will give the child help.
– How often the child will get help.
– How and when the school will monitor the child’s progress (every half term).
– It will be written alongside the child and the parents, who will have a direct input.